Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Night Update

Hola and welcome to this episode of Friday Night Update and the first post of September. Today is September 9th 2009 around 8pm. This week could be given the tag #FAIL. Probably the only successful thing I have done all week is get unsick. Not really sure if that is even a word but I'm using it. I have successfully become unsick! Other than that I really haven't accomplished anything. Quick Run Down!

1. Get Unsick! CHECK
2. Edit New Youtube Video! FAIL
3. New Blog Layout! FAIL
4. Improved My Spanish! FAIL (anything less than fluent is considered a fail)
5. Wake Up Before Noon! FAIL
6. Run! FAIL
7. Compelted all the Mission on CHECK but FAIL (that is a clear waste of time)

So what have I done all week you might ask! Well lets see I went to all but one of my classes. SUCCESS I also crammed in all my homework at the last minute and only failed at turning in one assignment! SUCCESS I spent all of my time with Gringos other than when i'm out at night! SUCCESS I showered 4 out of the last 7 days! SUCCESS I learned 120 new Spanish words that are absolutely useless in everyday conversation! (ex. eclampsia) SUCCESS I'm writing my second Friday Night Update! SUCCESS So yeah i've been super productive.

I was once told don't believe nothing and question everything. And for the most part I try. Now sometimes I feel like most people when given this advice they become that argumentative person that you avoid like the plague. I try not to be that person unless i'm arguing with my mom and then I know all and I'm correct even when it's obvious i'm wrong=correct. TO THE POINT! So as you might have read in the last two post I'm trying to wake up earlier. In the hope that I have a more productive day. This however has proven a tad bit harder than I imagined. I figured hey I need 8 hours of sleep and I want to wake up at 8am so I should go to sleep at midnight. Well according to popular believe that would be correct.

I found that I failed at waking up 7 times in a row. I figured with that success rate either I lack self-discipline or i'm going about this in the wrong way. There are a few contributing factors to this.

1. I was getting over a cold.
2. Sleep cycle right now is 3am to 12pm.
3. I actually lost my alarm clock for 2 days.
4. I lack a little self-discipline at 8am.

But I had a feeling I was going about this wrong. So I dove into the internet world and found a few things that seem to wrong in my approach. My first discovery is that we actually don't need 8 hours of sleep. Why didn't I know this before. I've been told since kindergarten I need 8 hours of sleep a day to be functional. (see believe nothing and question everything) Second that you shouldn't try to go to sleep when your not tired. This was a little harder to figure out. But it comes down to if your not doing something stimulating and you didn't just drink a cup of coffee and it's taking you longer than 15 minutes to fall asleep it's not time for your body to sleep. So get up out of bed and do something productive like read a book, write a blog, study an algorithm, practice some Spanish and then try to fall asleep again. Finally and this goes a lot with my first discovery is that you don't need a bed time just a wake up time. My original goal was to wake up at 8am. (it has changed to 7am because I now have volunteer work at 8:15 on mondays) This means that everyday I should wake up at 7am but it doesn't mean that I have to go to bed at 11pm every night. Actually I could go to sleep between 11:30pm and 1am and be perfectly functional. Also the ultimate sleeping length is 7.5 hrs and not 8. And yeah thats what I found and I'm still searching and still figuring stuff out and I'm really angry that I know there are things I believe that without even thing about are wrong. So yeah the earth isn't round and the universe isn't expanding and i'm not really in South America.

How Much Time I'll Gain From Not Sleeping In!
Currently I sleep a solid 10.5 hrs a day. (yeah i know)
10.5 - 7.5 = 3hrs <- I will gain that a day we will say on average
3hrs * 7days = 21hrs a week
3hrs * 30.4days = 91.2hrs a week
3hrs * 365days = 1095 hrs a year

1095hrs / 24hrs = 45.6 days I will gain a year
1095hrs / 168hrs = 6.5 weeks I will gain a year

Lets turn that into money because time = money! If I could make 10 dollars an hour in those extra 3hrs that would be $10,950. Yeah thats better than any internet get rich quick scam I have ever seen! Now lets see a life time. I plan on living till i'm 120.

120 - 24 = 96yrs
96yrs * $10,950 = $1,051,200 <-now if that isn't motivation to get out of bed! Hell.

Lets be more realistic! I do plan on retiring and letting my money work for me. Lets say for the next 40yrs those 3hrs earn me $10/hr.

40yrs * $10,950 = $438,000

What if those 3hrs earned me $25/hr for 40yrs

40yrs * ($25 * 1095hrs/yr) = $1,095,000

Ok yeah i'm gonna difently start waking up earlier. If just waking up is going to earn me money then so be it! Anyway I don't know where the whole money thing came from but ok. This is unedited and not proof read so there are probably a ton of mistakes but I told myself I had to do this before I ventured out for the night. Hope you enjoyed and I will catch you all later.

I Like This Video/Song


Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment