Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friday Night Update (on Saturday)

Sorry I didn't do this yesterday! But I'm doing it now. Go ahead and enjoy. It has been a good week. I am 4 of 6 for waking up early this week. I consider that a success. I just hope tomorrow I pull it off one more time. The trick to waking up early is having something to do. Even if it's made up. Like on Wednesday I told myself I had to study for a quiz I was having in class. I don't suggest lying to yourself but I couldn't think of anything right so I had to. I should have a youtube video up of me getting up in the mornings tomorrow. Hopefully it's funny.

Right now i'm at a lose for things to write...

Last Monday I had my first day of English Volunteer teaching. It was different. Extremely different. The kids were outrageously loud but wonderful. It's so hard to have a clear thought when you have 20+ kids you questions all at once. I felt so bad for the teacher because she had no control over her two classes. But I did sit in another class and that teacher did have much more control over his class. I'm gonna blame half of it on that there is a foreigner in the class and all the kids want to do is find out more about me. It was fun and i'm looking forward to more of it. I'll do a whole post on it after a few weeks.

Right now i'm on vacation actually. I have a solid 12 days off. Thank you begin a foreign exchange student & Chile's independence. I didn't even know I had off until Thursday afternoon when the teacher was like ok see you all in two weeks and don't die. Ok well he didn't say don't die but I felt like he should have. Since this is a time of celebration is compelete chaos in Chile!

Today the ISA (International Studies Abroad) group went to Pomaire and Isla Negra to see one of Pablo Neruda's houses. Pablo was the man! And a real ladies man. As far as I understood he had three wives and a handful of mistresses. After seeing his last house I would have been one of his mistresses as well. Just plain amazing. They don't let you take pictures of the inside for some reason so I don't have any but I do have some of the amazing view. Check them out Here!

On September 11th I spent the day watching conspiracy theory videos on it. God I really hope we didn't do that to ourselves. I mean I wouldn't doubt it but i'm just gonna believe whatever and I don't even know what is. I mean in general it's terrible so I'll leave it that. A little food for thought is that more Chileans were killed becasue of the US Junta government in Chile that came into power on 9/11/1973. All things 9/11 are crappy....

Well i'm done I keep get getting distracted by youtube.... check this out!



Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment