Wednesday, September 30, 2009

End Up September....Yey

Alright, so in 10 minutes it will be October and I have to post this before then! LoL Actually I’m going to cheat a little I hope you all don't mind! Time has been flying. My life is flying by but I’m faster! Next month I’ll be 24 years old! That is crazy to think.....Just the other day I remember when I got my driving learns permit in Morgantown, WV because my sister was in a hospital! And that was 9 years ago. :( I have so much more I want to do with my life that I don't think I will get it all in with just one lifetime. But heck I’m going to try.

Chile has been amazing. I really love every moment down here and I'm already sad about having to go home. But maybe I can find some kind of excuse to come back. If I do not get to come back to Chile I at least want to go somewhere else in South America. After that I need to make it across the ocean. I was reading up on the situation in the Philippines and I think in December or January I’m going to try to go over there and volunteer for a month. I've always wanted to go do relief work for a place that was hit by a natural disaster. I know that’s a horrible thing to want to do but then again there is always natural disaster. And right now I’m scared of natural disasters for some reason so I need to confront my fears.

I just noticed I never went back and corrected some of my other blog post. I should get my dad to do that. He's really good at proof reading and stuff like that. I certainly didn't get that skill from him and it's defiantly one that I am not going to work on. With things like spell check and F7 I am set for life. However, you don't ever want to get something from me that was hand written. You wouldn't be able to decipher that jumble of letters I like to call writing. I've decided I’m going to start playing music more/again. I use to play a lot in high school and I wasn't good but I wasn't terrible! (Like the way I worded that) I have some of the best teachers and people to learn from in my life and I really need to take advantage of that. I love music and the always have so now it’s time..... (ahhhh got to post this)

See look cheating! I posted before midnight and now this post is in the month of September! But I did just notice that the time that the post says it was posted is like 3 hours off. That is retarded and makes me sad.

Most things in Chile I find I can accept. I'm in a different country. The culture is different. Their norms are different. People are different. Bluh Bluh Bluh right! But today I had to go to a bank to deposit money into an account that is setup for a road race this coming weekend. After that I then had to go online to register for the race and hope that registration was still open. Talk about being a pain....do they not have paypal? That was fine; I was able to deal with that. What really got me flustered was the bank! Now I’ve walked by a few banks and always noticed that the lines are usually kind of long but never really thought much of it. I just figured a lot of people banking today. No! I would never bank in Chile!

It went like this. I walk in and get stopped by the security officer that was an extreme prick. I think mainly because I was American. Next there were 3 lines and 4 windows! One line was for the general public with one window. One line was for clients of the bank with two windows. And another line was for professional transactions with the last window. At first I was like wow what a good idea. Then 45 minutes later when I was still standing in line I felt like cursing! At Everyone! In the 55 minutes I spent inside only 3 people were helped by the professional transaction window. Around 10 minutes into wait a lady in the general public line thought she should open a bank account. General public window helped her until I left. The first window for clients of the bank window started taking general public people after 35 minutes. Maybe some of you don't see my complaint... Why are they dividing up the incoming clients? The people who had to wait the longest were the ones that were actual clients of the bank. In general most people that don't have an account with them won't actually come to that bank to do a transaction. Why are the people doing professional transactions more important and can just waltz right up to a window that hasn't helped anyone in the last ten minutes. It might be convenient for that client but you are wasting your money with that employee. Stupid! And when can someone open a bank account at a teller window? WTF There was 4 side offices with people in them doing only god knows what. Two of the offices look like they were meeting with customers. One was on the phone a lot and talked loud enough for us to hear him. And the last one stood by his office door talking with the jerk ball security officer.

How I would fix this! First I would have only one line! All teller windows are equal. If you’re opening an account you go to the office that has the moron talking to the security officer. If you need "professional transactions" you go to the person that talked too much on his phone. I am sure he can help you! First in is First out. Maybe I'm wrong but it was extremely annoying. Cuando en Chile! Viva Chile!

One more thing I cannot come to stand is that the Micro buses pull up as close as possible to the Micro bus in front of them to let someone off. But then when they want to get around the bus in front they honk their horn constantly. While not stop five feet from the Micro in front. And then when you want to pull around you don't have to honk your horn like a complete lunatic. Just Saying....Think About It!

Ok that is my end of the month rant! This coming Friday I’m going wine tasting for my friend’s birthday. I'll be drunk! I am going to try to make a video but it might turn out bad. October has a lot of birthdays... If you do a little subtraction we all know what our parents were doing for February! Yeah February! LoL Thanks Dad! Thanks Mom!

I'm off to bed. In the morning I have to go to a volunteer thing for little kids! Yey But before that I want to get a run in. So I'll be talking to you all in two days.

Hope you have a good rest of the week.

Check this Video Out!

She's either cute or a good singer! Maybe both!

Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment