Monday, August 31, 2009

End of Augusto

I was looking for a reason to blog and I think end of a month is a good reason! Now we have the monthly updates, friday night update, and starting now the end of the month updates! If you have any other ideas for reasons to blog leave it in a comment below. I only have about 50 minutes to be creative and then correct all my spelling and grammar mistakes. Yeah I still somehow make spelling mistakes even with spell checker. PS: I'm listening to Kings of Leon. Love those guys!

Today was the first day I tried to wake up at 8am. I rolled about of bed in time for lunch. It was a good attempt. We will try again tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow I have to be up by 9 no matter what! This time i'm putting one alarm by the door and the other behind the TV. That should at least cause me to get out of bed for a few seconds. This staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning is hard to break. I really like doing it but I have things I really want to do in the morning. Like run! I blame my not being able to get up early on my childhood. Not saying my parents didn't try. It's just I was that kid that would make the most persistent parent give up and accept defeat. Guess I will always be a night owl.

Being sick has really taken a toll on my Spanish. It was not a good day for us two. Class was bit of a spanglish disaster. I'm usually not one to give up but halfway through class I said screw it, I'll figure this out later and started day dreaming. Day dreaming went well though so 2+ points there. The biggest problem with class today was we were learning about Direct and Indirect Pronouns. Now I have an idea of what they are in English but I would say i'm a tad rusty on the subject. Now there is a few problems with this. First I haven't had any kind of grammar since High School. Second it's being explained in a language I command like an infant. Third direct and indirect objects don't work exactly the same in Spanish as they do in English. This made everything a tad bit hairy. After it became apparent I wasn't understanding anything I got reprimanded for not studying. Sorry! I didn't know. I'll be sure to study all parts of spanish grammar before I come to class from now on. After class I opened up a grammar book and revisited 8th grade in Spanish. Grammar/English was never my strongest subject! (you can add Spanish to that list too now.)

Ok well I need to edit this and head off to bed! If you didn't know my pictures of Chile are here! Check em out...

Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment