Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Two Months Down Under

Well it's been two months since I left the states for Chile and I must say that the time has been flying by. I'm gonna be back home before I know it. :( TEAR! I've started to love this place. The people. The culture. And even the food, sometimes!

Last week I didn't do a Friday Night Update because I was in Rancagua, Chile for the celebration of Fiestas Patrias which roughly means Patriotic Holidays. This is for the celebration of Chile's independence from Spain. I spent four days there with my one Chilean friend Christian and my friend Logan from Wisconsin. Christian took us to his grandmothers pension (spelled wrong) where I think about 14 other people live. The entire weekend/week was a blast. Christian and his friends took us to all kinds of things. We went to the national tennis match between Chile and Austria! Eight hours of tennis in a day is almost a little to much for me. They have these things called Fundas for their Fiestas Patrias which I would compare to a county fair but they have hundreds of them. Last week I went to 6 of them in total. They have food, dancing, rides, games, stores, and drinking! You could buy a triple shoot for 300 pesos. (roughly 60 cents) Talk about being a cheap drunk! Oh and I don't think they close and if they do they close sometime after 6am! In the four days I spent in Rancagua I slept at most 21 hours. The day was spent eating and meeting new people and the night (night = sometime after 1:30am) was spent drinking with them. The food I had over the last four days has been some of the best I've had since I have arrived here. We had steak, pork, chicken, hot dogs, sausage, fish, and other stuff I never got the name of. We also went horse back riding and spent the day in the country. The Andes mountains are amazing! Overall it was amazing and I kind of want to do it again.

I have a lot more I want to write but I have go home and study for a test tomorrow that I will probably fail. Thats me being optimistic too. It's ok though I've not been the most amazing student here. I blame myself! (i was gonna say facebook and the chilean culture....)

This weekend I'll upload photos and try to make some more post.

Chau,

Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment