Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Night Update!

Hola Chicos! This is Friday, October 2nd 2009! And well today I spent the day out in the country side visiting vineyards! It was fantastic being where they make some of the greatest wines in the world. Also the weather was perfect. I'd say like mid 70's with lots of sun. The day was just perfect and easy going and laid back and I might have been a tad drunk.... I couldn't have asked for anything better! It was my friends' Tucker 21st and what better way to spend it in a foreign country tastings some of the most expensive wines with four friends!

We went to two vineyards! The first was Emiliana. Emiliana is an all organic vineyard. Now typically I'm pretty skeptical of places and things that say they are all organic. I didn't search every nook and granny but i'm going to go out on a limb and say they are legit. From what I understood they are the only vineyard in Chile that is certified organic. And by organic they mean they use animal manure, no pesticides, and no additives like nitrates and such to give the wine a better taste or color. I really could taste the difference even in the cheap $5 dollar bottle I split with a friend. We probably spent a good three or more hours here. We first went on a tour of their vineyards. I found it very interesting that aisle of grape vines running east to west are the ones for white wine. And the ones running north to south are for red wines. It makes sense after you think about it but I would have never guessed. Guess I could never be a wine-o. We also got to see their fertilizing machines! A herd of alpacas. They look like lamas... I would say they were just lamas but our tour guide insisted they were alpacas. I'm calling them lamas. We saw a herd of lamas! Then we had a lesson on how to be professional wine tasters. Our tour guide and his counter part were amazing. Super friendly and their english was really good but we had them speak Spanish for the most part. And then we had lunch on the patio in the sun in the foot hills of the andes mountains and talked about life, love and everything! Yes there was a girl with us! Buy anyway their website is here! The best wine they have however you can't buy in the US. Which just means you have to come to Chile now! It's worth it I promise.

The second vineyard we casually strolled two under a canopy of blue after a bottle wine and a lunch of pan, queseo, y palta was Veramonte. Veramonte seemed to be a lot bigger vineyard. The wine house was huge and the atmosphere was a tad bit more business like. However, the lady that served us our wine was very sweet. I wanted her to be my friend in real life. The wine here wasn't my favorite but they did have an incredible white wine. We later found out that it is world renowned or so she said but I believe her. We didn't go on a tour of this vinyard but I'm kind of glad because it looked like it could be a long tour. I'm kind of bummed now that we didn't get to see the wine cellars at either place but oh well that just means I have to go back! We got to pick four wines to try for four dollars. God that really is a deal! But at the end of those four glasses of wine I was ready for a nap! We even contemplated it outside underneith in the shade of a tree. But we didn't. The website for Vernamonte is here!

The trip home was a tab bit difficult but fun. We had to stand on the side of the road and hitch hike for a bus! Sound dangerous doesn't it? Doesn't it! Well it was! Actually it wasn't. Not unless you think speeding buses are dangerous. I don't! It took us almost a good hour to flag down a bus that had five open seats for us. Finally we got a ride on a double decker with First Class airliner seates! It was the greatest bus ride of my life. In Chile tour buses (ex. greyhounds) have free wifi on them! Why doesn't the US have that? Come on! If the US did have that they'd charge for it too. Mc Donalds here has free wifi! Whats up with that? Anyway it was a wonderful Friday. And tomorrow I get to go sand boarding! It's like snowboarding but in the sand. And then on Sunday I am running in a 10k. If I can break 33 minutes I'll be in the running for the win. But i'm not gonna lie I am really out of shape. But now it's time to go out on the town. I hope you all have had a wonderful week and have an amazing weekend. I'll try to make a video this weekend of the trip to the vineyard. But here are the photos.

Perfect Video for Tonight!


Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment