Monday, August 17, 2009

Silence

Hola! God i'm tired. I think not being able to talk to people really makes me tired. I haven't had a conversation that was more advance than these: "How are you?" "What did you do?" and "Do you like it?". I am dying for a conversation that involves something than me talking about myself...

I went skiing in the Andes yesterday! It was a good time. Lots of fresh powder to learn how to snowboard through. I had never snowboard in powder and boy do I wish had someone there that could have given me tips on it. One random Chilean told me I had to think I was surfing. Now I was grateful for his insight to how to glide ever so gracefully over the foot of powder that I kept sinking into like quick sand but I've never surfed. So his words fell on a daft intellect or at least onto a set of ears that have never experience hanging ten! Oh and I made it down the hill before him. (It took me a good 30 minutes!) By end of the day I was holding my own in the unforgiving powder. In part because most of it had been plowed over already and also because I was to tired to fall down again.

I've found that knowing I can't communicate has made me very reserved and maybe even a little standoffish. This morning on the Miccro (what they call the buses here) there was a man dressed in a clown outfit providing entertainment. I sat next to a man that clown took to be a "Gringo" but was actually Chilean. Then the clown started talking to be but all I wanted to do was ignore him. Then he started talking in English. So I responded in Spanish. Then he started talking in Spanish. I couldn't understand him. So I told him I didn't understand him in English. Then he made a joke and the whole bus laughed. I did not! Clown then ranted on about the United States. Guy sitting next to me translated. Basically the clown was bitter he wasn't American. He then asked me for money. I told him I didn't have any. He called me Cheap in Spanish. Yeah well I think he is a moron! I don't like anyone that talks on a Miccro! Although a Chilean chica did obviously sit next to me when there obviously were other open seats. She was cute! She didn't speak any english! We only traded smiles!

Ok well i'm tired and tired!

Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment