Monday, October 12, 2009

The Internet is Time Consuming

I'm just slightly annoyed with the internet right now. I feel like all I do is a bunch of nothing with it. I didn't update on Friday because i was at a secluded beach called "Laguna Verde las Docas" out in the middle of nowhere Chile! It was amazing.

I have made a lot of plans since the last time I updated. This coming Thursday I am headed to the Atacama desert up north. The Atacama is one of the driest deserts in the world. Google that stuff. I'm headed up there for 6 days. I don't know if I'll have internet so it might be another week without a Friday Night Update! I promise I'll make up for missing them somehow.

On Wednesday I'm going to watch Chile vs. Ecuador. This past Saturday Chile beat Columbia to qualifies for the Soccer World Cup. All of Chile celebrated like it was a new year after they qualified. I have never seen such a site after a sporting event. I really think that how much the people of Chile are into soccer is bad for their health. If they would have lost depression would have fell upon this nation like a dark and pungent cold. It's the first time Chile is making it in the last 8 years. The World Cup is only held every 4 years just like the Olympics. Some statistics say that more people watch the World Cup than the Olympics. I doubt it.

Oh and at the end of my study abroad trip I am head to the Patagonia for two weeks. Going there with 3 other friends we are going to hike on glaciers, capture penguins, and swim with wild Orkas (killer whales). I need to buy a sleeping bag and a backpack for the trip. So anyone that knows a little something about backpacking in the wild should give me suggestions. I need something cheap! I was looking at the Osprey backpacks.

Ok I feel like I am full of just ramble. These are the photos from the beach trip this weekend.

And here are the photos from the Independence of Chile!

Here are the pictures my Chilean mom took of me running in a 10k!

I'd take these stairs!


Stra10

No comments:

Post a Comment